MS2 was forged out of a growing need and desire for Hospitals to have a partner and resource that can go far beyond the typical consulting experience and help them truly tackle their most complex patient flow and capacity constraint issues conclusively, promptly and cost-effectively. Some of the issues we help solve include:
Emergency Department Problems
- ED Overcrowding
- Lengthy Waiting Times
- Declining ED Revenues
- Patients Leaving Unseen
- Ambulance (EMS Diversions
- Patient and Staff Dissatisfaction
- Poor Ancillary Department Interfaces
- High Emergency Department Boarding Hours
Hospital Operational Issues
- High Hospital Readmission Rates
- Low Number of Predicted Discharges
- Low Number of Discharges Before Noon
- High Number of PACU Boarding Hours
- Declining or Stagnant HCAHPS Scores
- Lengthy Admissions/Discharge Processes
- Poor Utilization of OR, PACU, ICU and IP Units.
- Unaddressed State Reportable Core Measures
Part “think thank...” and part Hospital change management and operations redesign powerhouse…MS2 has developed industry leading methodologies and implementation strategies that allow Hospitals to reach new levels of performance, meaningful results and peer recognition without exceptions.
MS2 is unlike any other healthcare consulting firm you might have known or engaged in the past. These are just some of the reasons why we are different:
- We specialize in tackling Hospital problems most consider insurmountable. In fact, many of our clients had gone through internal or consultant-led initiatives that did not address their true issues prior to our engagement.
- We have a “SWAT” team approach to hospital operations optimization. We help communicate to the entire organization the rationale necessary to obtain buy-in for the change initiatives and help eliminate any inertia or bureaucracy that could compromise rapid change cycles.
- Our approach is from “Bottom-up”. We steer the operational staff to be the designers and implementers of the changes to facilitate buy-in, ownership and self-policing by the people that will actually be working in the new system.
- Our staff-led process redesign and change management strategies are based on evidence, operational science and proven concepts.
- We have a strict transfer of knowledge policy. We coach, and train staff operational teams to improve, police and sustain long-term results. We work with them, we execute with them and we transfer knowledge to them before leaving.
- We provide all services on site and most of our business is through referrals. Therefore, we have almost no office overhead or advertising expenses. This allows us to provide services for a fraction of current industry standard fees.
- We use physicians and midlevel providers as part of the hospital consulting team rather than just MBAs, non-clinician consultants or Nurse managers. This improves clinical staff buy-in.
- We remain small and exclusive. We limit the number of clients we work with at a time, we do not rotate team members, and our MS2 partners work as senior consultants in all sites.
- We don’t do “mellow”. Our clients don’t engage us to “improve” them but rather; to push and coach them to truly “transform” themselves into far more efficient entities able to reach best-in-breed levels of performance typically considered out of reach for most institutions.
Besides increasing their market share and revenue margins, increasing their patient and staff satisfaction, improving staff retention and recruitment, and avoiding costly capacity expansions…most of our clients
have been able to reach new levels of institutional recognition and received multiple accolades and coveted awards like:
- “Top Hospital” recognitions
- “Best Places to Work” mentions
- "Magnet" Hospital designations
- Numerous service performance awards
The success of our methods and approach has not escaped other stakeholders, both in the US and International markets
, that could benefit from our operations redesign and change management expertise…In addition to being engaged by Hospitals directly MS2 also serves the following:
In summary…We don’t let clients fail. Our results consistently places them at the top performance percentiles in the nation and we are very proud of this. We expect a lot of ourselves and we also expect that all our clients will strive to reach their true potential and be examples for others. If you are truly and honestly looking for a transformation partner, you don’t need to look any farther than MS2.